Posted August 2nd, 2018 under Nutrition
7 reasons people fail at fat loss
7 reasons people fail at fat loss:
- Setting unrealistic goals!
- Having a clear vision of what your fat loss goals are is critical to your success! You didn’t get this way overnight, so you cannot expect to see results overnight! Set realistic goals, short term goals that still push your comfort zones and CRUSH THEM! Take it day by day and those small goals will add up!
- Eating should be enjoyable, but sometimes food is used as a coping mechanism whether it is used for stress, sadness, anger, grief, etc. Eating can turn unhealthy. If you are an emotional eater it is important to become aware of your body’s true needs like if you are eating out of emotion or if you are truly hungry.
- Hating yourself
- You can’t heal a body you hate. Sometimes people can’t get healthy or lose weight because of years of self-loathing. You must appreciate and love your body every stage of the process and understand that it is a process and you are doing this for you and nobody else. It shouldn’t matter where your body is at right now, you should always feel enough and the more you recognize that the more it will ease your mind that you are on the right path.
- Failing to nourish your body
- Stop the fad and starvation diets and eat the amount of food your body needs to burn fat! Your body needs a certain amount of calories/macro-nutrients for it to burn fat so to lose you need to EAT! Crazy right! But its science so you better believe it!!
- Searching for quick fixes!
- THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR MAGIC PILLS! THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT TO FINDING WHAT WORKS FOR YOU AND STICKING WITH IT. BE PATIENT AND STOP BEING LAZY. SIMPLE AS THAT.
- Making weight loss the ultimate goal
- Losing weight is not equivalent with getting healthy. You must get healthy to lose weight, not lose weight to get healthy.
- Underlying physiological issues
- Many times, people have done everything right and still can’t lose weight. That’s where other problems may be a problem like hormonal imbalances, adrenal fatigue, gut conditions, or thyroid dysfunctions can prevent or make it very difficult for a person to lose weight. When you find out the root issues they can be addressed.