Posted June 7th, 2018 under Nutrition
5 reasons why protein is good for fat loss
Tags: revolutionize, nutrition
5 reasons why protein is good for fat loss:
- Its satisfying! Protein helps you feel fuller longer! Having protein slows down digestion making us feel more satisfied
- Pairing protein with carb-rich foods slows down the absorption of sugar from your stomach into your bloodstream, which may help keep your blood sugar from jumping up and can help with cravings.
- It requires more energy! The “thermic effect of food” (TEF) is the energy we use to digest food into small, absorbable parts. Protein has a higher TEF compared to the other macronutrients, so you are burning more calories to process protein than to process the other two.
- It fuels fat burning! Having adequate protein coming in from your food fuels fat burning while preserving your lean muscle. While losing fat you need a certain amount of protein to make sure you hold onto that hard-earned muscle mass!!
- Protein is required to promote growth, repair damaged cells and synthesize hormones! Dietary protein repairs and rebuilds the tissues of your body, including damaged muscle fibers, by supplying your cells with protein building blocks called amino acids. Evidence shows that having the right amount of protein can enhance recovery, immune function, along with growth and maintenance of lean body mass.
Eating protein alone won’t necessarily help you shed excess weight and if you eat it in excessive amounts it can still cause you to gain weight just like if you eat too many carbs of fats! If you eat too many calories in general, you will gain weight. You need to the right amount of the 3 macro-nutrients to reach the goals you wish you reach!