Posted May 15th, 2017 under motivation
Why you need to stop focusing on numbers during your fat loss journey
Tags: revolutionize, fatloss, nutrition, .
Why you need to stop focusing on numbers during your fat loss journey:
- No one cares about your body fat % or your weight as much as you think they do. For example no one is looking at you on the beach saying “wow that girl must be 25% body fat,” even on the stage for competitors that number doesn’t matter it is how you present yourself. People carry their fat differently, some hold it in their chest and some hold it in their thighs, genetics play a big role in it and you have to work with what you got
- Maybe you don’t really want to be at the number you think you want to be at! For example: There is a woman who is 5’4” and is 150lb and is so set on being 120lb, down the road she ends up being at 130lb and feels great about herself and her clothes feel great, so who is to say that being at that exact number that you crave to be at will be your most “comfortable” weight. Strive to be comfortable and happy with yourself not strive to be a certain number because sometimes putting that pressure on ourselves about being at a certain weight sets us up for failure.
- You will always find something new to scrutinize. Even if you achieve your goal to go down a dress size or be at your goal weight you’ll always find something else that isn’t right. Being happy with yourself is a lifelong thing not just a goal to meet. Stop obsessing over every little detail and just do what you are doing and stay motivated your body will follow.
- All scales whether it be just weight scales or measuring your body composition are calibrated differently. Your scale at home is different than the one at the doctors and the one at your doctors is different than the one at your friend’s house so who’s to say how much you really weigh. Also measuring your body composition is different depending on what you use to measure it, you cannot compare what the Fit3d scanner says to the handheld or the bodpod, etc. Whatever you choose to do be consistent with it.
- Your weight fluctuates throughout the day and day-to-day depending on what you consume. It takes time to lose or gain weight so stop getting on the scale every day. Fat loss goes in spurts so you cannot expect a weight drop every day or even week. If you continue to put the work in with nutrition and exercise your body will change with or without scale movement. A pound of muscle and a pound of fat are not created equally. Although a pound is a pound no matter what, muscle is denser and if you just focus on losing weight you may sacrifice muscle. You could look slimmer by losing fat but your actual weight may not change at all.
- Accept your shape at each stage of the process! We all have genetics and we have to work with what we got! You cannot change your basic structure so work with it and flaunt whatever shape you are
Focus on other victories like your clothes feeling better or feeling more energized, and etc. You should focus on feeling good about yourself and loving the way you look every stage of the process. Be confident & comfortable in your own skin.
“You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress simultaneously.”
Make sure to follow Revolutionize Nutrition on Facebook and on Instagram Revolutonizeusa.
If you would like to work with one our nutritionists contact us through our website or call 732-462-LEAN(5326)
Written By: Rebecca Desousa BS Nutritional Sciences