Posted December 29th, 2017 under motivation
9 ways to stick to your New Years resolution
Tags: new years, resolution, diet, nutrition, revolutionize
9 ways to stick to your New Years resolution:
We all have the best intentions when making our New Years resolutions but more often then not we fail. Prepare to succed this year with these 9 tips to reach all your goals!
- Make only ONE resolution. Many times people overwhelm themselves by setting up way too many goals that are not realistic to achieve all at once. Your chances of success are greater when you channel your energy to one goal instead of several.
- You don’t have to wait until January 1st to start your goal, just like you don’t have to wait until every Monday to start fresh. Look at tomorrow as a new day and start fresh no matter what day it is even if it is a Thursday.
- Avoid previous resolutions because revisiting your past resolutions can set you up for frustration and disappointment. With that said that doesn’t mean it can’t be to “lose weight” again but maybe a different approach…like instead of doing a fad diet look at is as changing your lifestyle and doing something that is sustainable.
- Don’t just make it your resolution because everyone else is doing it. DO IT FOR YOU. If your goal is what others are doing that is fine too but make sure you think about what you really want out of it and be able to tell the difference between why you are doing it or not. Be in tune with yourself and figure out what you want.
- Break your goal into steps. Make sub-goals that are clear, realistic, and manageable. Those sub-goals/baby steps will add up to big steps.
- Talk to your friends and family about your goals if you want or need the extra support. When you share your goals with someone else you are more likely to want to avoid failure.
- Stay motivated, write things down on how it would feel to achieve your resolution! Once you write down those things you can always go back to that when you are feeling like giving up!
- Track your progress weekly to keep yourself in check and motivated!
- Be prepared when you want to revert back to your old habits because realistically it may happen but be strong enough to not go back down that path. Treat any failure as a temporary setback and get right back on the right track and DO NOT GIVE UP ALTOGETHER!
Make sure to follow Revolutionize Nutritionon Facebook and on Instagram Revolutonizeusa.
If you would like to work with one our nutritionists contact us through our website or call 732-462-LEAN(5326)
Written By: Rebecca Desousa BS Nutritional Sciences