Posted December 3rd, 2016 under motivation
8 Ways To Prepare Yourself For The Holidays
Tags: holidays, nutriton, revolutionize
8 Tips to prepare yourself for the holidays:
- Let’s say you have more than one party in a week and you aren’t sure when to use your cheat meal…I would suggest to try and either figure out what options are going to be at the party and/or also you cannot go wrong with bringing your own dish that you know exactly what is in it. If you are in a situation where you cannot control the food then use it as your cheat meal! This is where you pick and choose what is worth it and what is not. Always have a game plan
- Plan out your days! I know it sounds tedious but track on Sunday night and plan your week out it will help I promise! Most importantly follow your plans!
- When you can be good be REALLY good. When you do have your cheat meal enjoy it and don’t feel guilty! Go for a walk after your meal and get back on track the next day, have an awesome workout, and drink plenty of water.
- Don’t obsess over the scale this is an everyday tip but especially important during the holidays. Stay motivated and on track and you won’t even have to worry about the scale.
- Make working out a priority! Just like planning your day/week out with food plan your week out with workouts too and stick to them! Make time for yourself all winter long
- Be creative with holiday recipes! Try different recipes out and things to swap in for a healthier option. Classic recipes can pack serious calories and are high in salt, sugar, and fat.
- Plan activities that don’t revolve around food. Plan outdoor activities like ice skating, sledding, go to a musical, make wreaths, or make holiday crafts.
- Sleep deprivation can lead to unhealthy food choices and weight gain. Sleep can be interrupted by a busy schedule, stress, and many other things. Sleeping supports your immune system and leaves you feeling energized. Make sure you get enough sleep this holiday season.
Make sure to follow Revolutionize Nutrition on Facebook and on Instagram Revolutonizeusa.
If you would like to work with one our nutritionists contact us through our website or call 732-462-LEAN(5326)
Written By: Rebecca Desousa BS Nutritional Sciences