Posted May 17th, 2018 under motivation
5 Ways you are setting yourself up for failure
Tags: nutrition, revolutionize
5 Ways you are setting yourself up for failure:
- Setting unrealistic goals for yourself. The biggest mistake made is setting up goals that are too big and unrealistic and then getting frustrating with yourself causing you to give up. Stop shooting for 5 pounds a week, instead shoot for being down in general because a lost is a lost and if you see things moving in the right direction you should be happy about your progress! We always want more but we can’t always get what we want
- Not tracking everything you consume. Make sure everything you put in your mouth you are tracking! Every lick, bite, & taste…. they will add up over the course of the day. You must be accountable for every calorie you eat.
- Inconsistent with your macro-nutrients and skipping days of tracking! If you are skipping days of tracking and not hitting your macros consistently we are unable to really see how your progress is going! If your carbs are 70g one day and 120g the next, then expect fluctuations on the scale it is just science. We don’t just give you numbers for you not to follow there is a reason we give you specific amounts of protein, fats & carbs! To truly see fat loss consistently you need to hit your numbers, simple as that.
- Not coming into your appointments. You are only hurting yourself when you skip/cancel your appointments. Also make your appointments ahead of time to make sure you get the time/day you would like but make sure you come into those appointments! We fill up very quickly and your time is important to us so make sure you get in for your appointment!
- Lying to your nutritionist and expecting results! If you lie to your coach/nutritionist about following the program you are not helping yourself AT ALL! Your tracker may be “on point” but your scan will tell all. We come up with these numbers for you for a specific reason and if you are truly following them to a T and they are not working we will make the changes appropriately, but if you are lying about following the program and we make cuts when cuts are not necessary it frustrates us because then we think something is wrong when really it is you just not doing your job!! Be truthful we won’t ever be mad the more we know the more we can help you
Set realistic goals, plan, track & hit your macros every day, come into your appointments and be honest!
“Life is simple, you get out what you put in”